Faculty members at SIUE consistently demonstrate their internal drive and dedication to contribute to U.S. and international scholarship, reflected in SIUE’s increasing external support statistics. In fiscal year 2019, SIUE faculty and staff submitted 152 new proposals to outside agencies and received more than $24 million in new externally sponsored research and public service awards.
SIUE ranks third in research expenditures among Carnegie doctoral/professional universities, according to the National Science Foundation.
“As impressive as the numbers may be, they fail to impart the tales of investigation, discovery and creation behind the research,” said Associate Provost and Dean of the Graduate School Jerry B. Weinberg. “I hope you will be a frequent visitor to these web resources as we share with you SIUE activities, creations, outreach and discoveries.”
SIUE faculty and staff receive grants and contracts from funding organizations such as:
- National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Department of Health and Human 内蒙古快三走势图
- United States Environmental Protection Agency
- U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of Justice
- U.S. Department of Labor